Welcome to My Blog! Please feel free to email me @ karinaabadnj@gmail.com

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Anthropologie in Hoboken | Coming Soon

Anthropologie IS coming to Hoboken! It's confirmed!

I can finally say with assurance that this is true! I originally posted about the deal back in May of 2012 and was then told that the details were not official, but here it is. And yes, RE/MAX Gold Coast was the procuring broker, read the release.

Anthropologie IS coming to Hoboken soon - The commercial space on Washington St that formerly was the house of Blockbuster Video,  to be taken over by the fabulous, bohemian slash shabby chic slash vintage clothing and home accents store Anthropologie!! 

May 2012 Post:
Reports spotted!
http://hoboken411.com/archives/61724
http://theboken.com/hoboken/washington-street-shuffle-big-retail-store-arrivals-anthropologie-and-office-depot-coming-soon/


The store offers the perfect backdrop to house such a huge store. It's over 7000 square feet and two floors.


I've read on a few boards of some residents expressing concern of having such a large name brand presence in town competing with other smaller stores. My feeling is this: anything that was going to take over such a large space had to be a large corporate company of some sort - or another bank.. I'm happy it's not another real estate office.

And, Anthropologie's style is not for every woman, it's very specific. Plus it's not cheap. Take this dress for instance. This pretty little silk number retails for $228 on their website. 

Or this beautiful long Maxi dress with lovely bright print. This one retails for $298 online.

But not all of their dresses are this expensive they have many for less, and many for more.




I personally love the store, not so much for the clothes, although I have my eye on a few pieces in their summer collection, but I absolutely love, love, their home decor accents. I love picking up little vintage door knobs and pulls, bathroom shower curtains, perfume bottles, mix and match plates and candles. Just thinking about it makes me smile!

What do you think? Are you looking forward to them opening ladies? Will you visit Anthropologie once it opens in Hoboken?
I want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment