Welcome to My Blog! Please feel free to email me @ karinaabadnj@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Terror in Times Square



Living 5 minutes from the Hudson River in Hoboken, I have to honestly say, that until September 11th I never stopped to think about our vulnerability to terror attacks. It was just never something that I could even conjure. After 9/11 I remember working in town and seeing the faces of those that were affected that tragic day. I remember listening to their stories and I remember their expressions of complete sorrow and disbelief...

Photo: A view from 77 River - my clients gorgeous balcony

My entire family either works or commutes via Manhattan, I went to school on the upper west side, my mom can see the Empire State building from her kitchen window, I can walk to Sinatra Drive and see the city lights. My clients have incredible views from their terraces. Something I don't take care granted because I never get sick of that view.

This latest scare has made me think just how vulnerable we are with the Lincoln Tunnel, Holland Tunnel, our bridges, ferries and trains that make this side of the water such a desirable place to live - because of it's convenience to the big apple - and I can say with truth that I have no desire to move from here, and I don't stop to think about heading into NY for some good eats and a great show.



Maybe it's naivete maybe it's too much pride, call it whatever but I would have to say that most metro city residents that live in this area would agree with me, and wouldn't leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment