Welcome to My Blog! Please feel free to email me @ karinaabadnj@gmail.com

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Great Sushi In Hoboken

Last night, my sweetie and I took out a client now friend to the W for a cocktail and then we were off to the Sushi Lounge for some sushi. If you haven't tried this place - you will not be disappointed!!

I've tried just about every sushi establishment in Hoboken and I honestly, have to say, that none compare to The Sushi Lounge. People have tried to convince me otherwise, but I'm sorry, their quality and selection is just the best.

Last night, we started with a beautiful duck crepe for appetizer, and 'kaiso' japanese seaweed salad. I don't eat duck, but I did try a bite and it is delicious and tender and the combination of crepes with scallions and a glaze reduction sauce is terrific!

Francesco, went with my recommendation and tried their new "South of the border" roll. It's under their special roll menu - which by the way, during happy hour (M-F 4:30 - 6:30) is half off as well as martinis and hot appetizers, and while he made a comment on the tempura inside, (Francesco eats healthy) he loved it! It's wrapped in a soy wrap and served over an amazing sauce of garlic and soy and I don't know what else but it makes my mouth water!

Also, if you love shellfish like me, you have to try their seafood salad. I love Italian seafood salad which is usually scungili, calamari, crab, scallops and shrimp with chopped celery, red onion and some olive oil. Theirs, is scallops, mussels, lobster, crab and shrimp with fresh chopped celery, grape tomatoes, and a light toss of a dressing that doesn't hide the flavor of the fish. It is sooooo good! And a really nice size portion. 


If you go for lunch, try the Tuna Sliders! My coworker and I skipped over for lunch one afternoon and I tried their sliders for the first time and was so surprised! I didn't know what to expect, but I went with Erika's recommendation, a waitress there, and was glad I did.



Tuesdays, don't miss their half price martini night, ladies you'll love their selection. :)

Sushi Lounge Hoboken is on 2nd and Hudson. If you go on Thurs or Fri night, ask for Grace at the bar, and get there before 8! Or you'll have to wait for a table..

No comments:

Post a Comment