Welcome to My Blog! Please feel free to email me @ karinaabadnj@gmail.com

Monday, June 8, 2009

Brownstones In Hoboken - A Girl's Dream




Hoboken has a lot of character - this can't be denied. From the old school Italian joints and member clubs, to the beautiful stretch of park and views along the Hudson River, to Washington street with it's rows of stores, restaurants and bars.


But if you're like me, you think that one of the best things about Hoboken are the brownstones. Take a stroll in late spring or summer, or even fall down Garden, Hudson or Bloomfield streets uptown and you'll fall in love with the beauty of these homes. I occasionally like to walk and day dream about how I'd decorate mine. I'd want to do a mix of antiques and modern pieces and paint each room a different color.. I'd plant a garden outside and keep fresh grass instead of pavers and buy a nice outdoor seating set for guests and outdoor parties.


Just two years ago, it was difficult to find a single family for sale much less find one priced under 1.6 million that didn't need work.


Today, I found 24 single families for sale in town ranging from $629,000 to $1.58M. Most are 3 + bedrooms with yards and a nice handfull of them have finished basements. The only flaw of these homes is that most of them do not have a garage.. but if you're city living, then you just rent a zip car right?



If you'd like an updated list of homes contact me and I'll send over!

1 comment:

  1. I like this post. Zip cars are cool. -LA

    ReplyDelete