Welcome to My Blog! Please feel free to email me @ karinaabadnj@gmail.com

Monday, December 21, 2009

Stacks Pancake House - Hoboken by Mallory Dash




Ask and ye shall receive! A fellow blog reader sent me her review! Thank you Mallory!






Stacks on me! Patron on ice (ice)

Stacks Pancake House



I went to Stacks this past Saturday morning after a long night of holiday partying. My boyfriend and I were looking forward to trying out the new nearby breakfast spot, since we love going out for breakfast, and had heard good things about Stacks. Our ultimate favorite place is the Brownstone Diner in Jersey City (also known for their pancakes), but we were excited to try someplace a bit closer to home in Hoboken.
We met up with another couple around 11am, and got on the line to get in. I had heard that the line would be really long- however, though we had to wait outside for a few minutes, once we got inside we were seated fairly quickly.

Now onto the good stuff- the food! The menu has all kinds of options- of course, pancakes, but also waffles, french toast, eggs, pretty much what you would expect from a breakfast place. The four of us all decided to go for the pancakes though- with a name like Stacks we had to!

I chose the Valentine's Romance pancakes- cheesy name, awesome taste. Strawberries baked into the pancakes, covered in chocolate chips, more fresh strawberries, and a drizzling of chocolate syrup. My man-friend got the Chocolatier- basically chocolate chip pancakes- also really good. The other couple with us ordered the Big Apple, which came with a warm apple topping, and the Addiction, which were banana-filled pancakes covered in chocolate chips. Overall, really really tasty. I'm more of a french toast or waffles girl myself, and yet I still ate most of the 3 pancakes I was served!

Other notes... The décor was really cute, except for the weird space age Stacks sign they had towards the back above the kitchen. I expect the wait time will go down as time goes on, but the service was great and the coffee was too! Fairly priced also- I'd definitely go back!




No comments:

Post a Comment