Welcome to My Blog! Please feel free to email me @ karinaabadnj@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Moroccan inspired decor ideas

Moroccan Decor
One of my very recent clients just bought a condominium on gorgeous Hudson Street. Every girls dream right? When her and her husband told me that they were thinking of Moroccan inspired decor I was so excited and immediately started searching for pics to share with them.

It inspired me to write a blog post on design ideas with a Moroccan theme. My fiance and I were discussing the same idea ourselves a few months ago when we were ambitious about redecorating the extra bedroom that is now an office slash catch all slash sports collectible room..

Here are some fabulous pictures I found on the net and I have to say. I love purple, always have, but only until this year have I found it comfortable to wear, decorate with and accent with! Purple is so beautiful and regal and modern! But you can play with it in ways and be vintage and Victorian too.
Doesn't your mouth just go ooooohhh when you see this? This is so perfect! What an amazing living room or guest room! Don't be afraid of color - especially purple! This room could work just as nice if the walls were a pale silvery lavender that wasn't as dark.

OK, Maybe your place is already decorated. If so, almost everyone has an empty wall like this that could use some sprucing up. Why not turn it into a little writing area for writing notes and thank you cards, or to enjoy paying your bills? An easy way to make a design statement is wall paper in small amounts. This is easier on the wallet and can make a big impact. I love the tranquil sea foam grass paper on this wall paired with a Moroccan inspired mirror with gold trim. You could swap the desk for a buffet, or a simple console table or even a book case!


If you love neutrals or maybe you're in a rental and don't want to paint or go crazy with wall papers how about bring a punch of Moroccan colors by bunching up a collection of throw pillows in all different bold hues? Add a couple of prints like the pillow below from West Elm, and a tea tray with some fancy silver and voila!



Next, make dark espresso floors contrast with furniture in bold colors like these velvet orange pieces or bright fuchsia would be amazing as well! Add a few bold print rugs and keep it upscale by painting walls in a bright white and adding dark espresso window treatments!! Oh, I love this room!


Here are some other pics of Moroccan inspired living rooms. Take a look at this one, white washed walls with white cushions and green accents. Again, swap out the color for any you like!


Here is an example of a less bold color on the walls with neutral furniture and different shades of white with a few purple accents.



I found these sconces also on west elm. I think they would look terrific in an entry way on either side of a door. Or, how beautiful would the be in a bathroom full of candles. Great for a relaxing bath.

Last, how about this idea?! You can purchase a stencil or make your own if you're crafty and repeat on a small section of a wall and paint with another color. Add a little table, some silver tea china, candles and a few floor cushions and you can create a little tea room or meditation nook.

This reminds me of my trip to Spain. In the South there were lots of Moroccan influences seen throughout in the architecture, clothes and collectibles. Wish I was there again!

Leave me your comments! Have a pic to share! Please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment